The newest distillery on the First Coast, Marlin & Barrel can be summed up in two words, spirit and quality. The distillery name was inspired by the epic fish in Ernest Hemmingway’s story, The Old Man and the Sea; a marlin that symbolically represents Spirit. Combined with the long history of quality beverages aged in barrels, the pair of words, Marlin & Barrel, captures the mission of this new venture. You can swing by their tasting room in downtown Fernandina Beach and buy a bottle or two for cocktails at home. Here is a great recipe for summer sipping!
Amelia Catch Recipe
- 1 part Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 part Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 part Grenadine
- 1 part Venture Vodka
- 1/2 part Orange Liqueur
- 1/4 part Martini & Rossi Rosso
- Add crushed ice and ingredients to a shaker.
- Shake until well mixed & chilled.
- Pour over crushed ice into rocks glass.
- Add lime twist.
- Use lime and maraschino cherry to garnish.